Are you setting yourself up for self care success?
Hi! I am excited to share MELT again with you this week! This is an interesting time in which I have tried to take inventory of how me and my family, especially my kiddos, are spending our day. With the taking on of homeschooling and trying to keep everyone busy without creating horrible memories of a Mom losing her sanity...I assessed and changed our schedule yet again...in hopes of making improvements! I won't bore you with the details, but it made me think of the message I want to share with you today.
"Anything worth doing, is worth evaluating and scheduling time for!"~ Laura Payment
You see where I am going with this aren't you? Find that time to schedule self-care into your day. Whether it be MELT (my preferred way ;), meditation, a walk, reading a book, gardening (whatever you deem self-care). Schedule it ideally in your day so you don't let it escape you. Will you miss a day? Of course life happens! But if you schedule it, you are more likely to get to it than if you don't!
So go ahead:
1. Evaluate your daily schedule: Where does self-care work in your day? This may be different each day of your week. Also this will evolve so make sure to come back to this once in a while to make sure you are placing your self-care where it truly works for you.
2. Create your self-care list. What are the things that make your heart and body smile?
3. Create your goal. How many times do you want to do self-care in a day, week etc?
4. Pull those calendars out and schedule your self care! Maybe you create positive post it notes to remind you, Maybe you put reminders in your phone calendar to alert you...whatever is going to help you stay committed to your schedule!
5. Have the grace to know that you will miss some scheduled self-care because you are the boss of this schedule!
6. Most importantly, love yourself to do your best to follow your schedule for at least 2 weeks to make a habit. If it is not working, go back to step #1
Effective performance is preceded by painstaking preparation!~Brian Tracy
****If this will be your first time joining, you may want to download the zoom app prior to the meeting.
All you need to participate is a phone, computer, or tablet (Android or Apple is fine).
You will need to download the zoom app and register for an account. You can do so at: https://zoom.us/signup
At the stated time you will then return to this email and select "Join Zoom Meeting" (highlighted in blue below) to join the meeting.
*** Zoom has increased the security for this online platform so you will also need to input the password included below (you should be able to copy and paste).***
I am not tech savvy, so I will not be able to assist you with all of this, please employ someone who can assist you if you are not techy as well ;)
Please continue to bear with me as I maneuver this new online territory!
For those that have MELT equipment, great, for those that don't you can still participate, but I won't lie...having the MELT roller makes a difference! I suggest a rolled up yoga mat or just view along to see if it is something you think you would like to participate in live in the future and reach out so I can help you do so when things settle down. Wear comfortable clothing and have water to drink! Ideally you will be working on the floor for this, but if getting up and down is difficult you can lie on a couch or bed. Please have those you know interested in joining submit their email on Embodycenter.com so I can keep them in the loop. If you would like to obtain equipment go to EMBODYCENTER.COM and select "Click here to Purchase MELT equipment". There is also MELT on Demand for those that want MORE opportunities to be lead through sessions and tutorials on moves from the creator of MELT herself, Sue Hitzmann. It is an amazing resource. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you a link for a discounted yearly purchase.
__________________________________________________ Laura Payment is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: My Meeting Time: May 21, 2020 05:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 766 2686 2484 Password: Prevention